Welcome to the blog formerly known as The Life Of Writing

Friday, 5 July 2013

Creatively Speaking - Cosplay & Papier Mache

For the first 'creative' post of my redesigned blog I have decided to repost something that was originally posted on my other blog. it was posted back in March so needless to say the Birmingham MCM is no longer in just over a week's time.

So here we are:

The Evolution Of A Vorpal Blade - originally posted 08/03/2013 on The Random Thoughts Of Chippy

There's just over a week to go until the Birmingham MCM and it is update time cosplay wise.


 

All I've really got to do now to complete my Alice costume is make the bow for the back of my apron and finish putting my buckles on elastic for the boots.

So today I thought I'd show you how my vorpal blade evolved from some foam board, newspaper and glue in to the finished article.

Stage 1



Stage 2


It appears that my phone doesn't like my duvet cover!
Stage 3


Blogger decided it wanted this photo portrait instead of landscape
Stage 4


Blogger didn't like the orientation of this one either
So as you can see from this sideways photo my pendant, vorpal blade and the skull for the middle of my bow are all complete. All made with a mixture of foam board, cardboard, newspaper, glue, acrylic paint and on the blade/handle permanent marker. The pattern on the handle of the knife isn't as vibrant as I'd like - for some reason the glue made it fade... but it didn't on the blade itself - weird!

Hopefully this time next week I should have the full costume finished... if not I'm in trouble!


Stay tuned next week for the repost of my actual costume - yes I completed it in time

No comments: